Organise your own fundraising event
Whether you’re looking for family group activities this winter-time, or are keen to engage your staff, there’s no better way to motivate others than by encouraging them to be creative and do something good for charity. So why not stage your own Ambitious about Autism fundraising event?
Some ideas to get you started
- Hold an ‘Ambitious Dress up Day’. Ask your work colleagues to make a donation and dress up as what they wanted to be when they grew up. The best dressed could win a prize.
- Have a cake sale at school or work. You could even introduce a competitive twist by adding a bake off challenge or a ‘Guess the weight of the cake’ competition. If you’re in an office, try taking a cake trolley to your colleague’s desks - they’ll never be able to resist!
- Come Dine with Me… at lunchtime! Ask your work colleagues to bring in a dish to share and charge everyone an entry fee to join in with the lunch – you can even add a competitive twist and vote on the best dishes. Give your lunch a theme, such as dishes from around the world, British picnic favourites or school dinners.
- Host a clothes swap party for all of your friends. Provide them with drinks and nibbles and charge an entry fee at the door. This way you can raise money and update your wardrobe at the same time. You don’t have to just swap clothes, try out some different ideas such as books, toys and sports equipment.
- Ask your local pub if their quiz entry fee can be donated for one night to Ambitious about Autism – to get the crowds really interested you could ask local businesses to donate prizes for the top quiz stars.
- Host a 5–a–side football tournament. You could ask people to donate to come and watch, ask the teams to donate to take part and could raise some extra money by selling home-made food at half-time.
- Auction off your skills… Do your cooking skills rival those of Gordon Ramsey? Are you a keen gardener? Or do your skills lie in spreadsheets? Auction off your skills to your friends and watch while a bidding war begins!
What you will need to organise your event
- Fundraising pack (PDF 2.6MB) - tells you all you need to know about fundraising for us
- Sponsorship form (DOC 226KB) - lets you record the money other people have pledged to sponsor you
- Donation form (DOC 1.6MB) - for sending in money you have collected, or to make a donation
- Template press release (DOC 29KB) - use this to let your local media outlets know what you're doing for us
For more information
Please contact us for more information, or to request a fundraising pack by mail, by phone on 020 8815 5433 or email email@example.com