Support Ruled Out

Where to get financial help

Caring for a child with autism can have an impact on your finances. You may be unable to work, or only be able to work part time, reducing your income. And your expenses might go up, for example due to extra travel costs.

There are several benefits that you may be eligible to claim, which could help:

Your entitlement to some of these benefits, such as the DLA, will depend on the needs of your child. Others, including Tax Credits, are means tested.

Other sources of financial help

The Family Fund
Provides grants to low income families raising disabled and seriously ill children. Grants are given to ease family life and for resources for the children themselves.

Where can I get up-to-date information or help filling in forms?

Citizens Advice Bureau
The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice.
Tel: 08444 111 444

Disability Benefits Helpline
Get advice or information about a claim you’ve already made for Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.
Tel: 08457 123 456
Text: 08457 224 433

Contact a Family
Get information on the benefits and tax credits that you may be entitled to.
Helpline: 0808 808 3555

A charity dedicated to helping people find appropriate sources of financial support, quickly and easily.
Helpline: 0808 802 2000