I hope all of you have had a chance to meet Damian (damo73) by now. He has been a refreshing voice in the Talk about Autism community, and has been extremely helpful in looking after the Neurodiversity Room, along with Sara.
In case you're new to Talk about Autism, the Monthly Member Q&A is a way for us to feature our members and get to know a bit more about them by asking them questions over a month. We start off by asking everyone the same questions, and then we open the floor to everyone for further questioning. To read more about what the Monthly Member Q&A is, or if you are interested in being one of our featured members of the month, please visit this page to find our more: What are the Member Q&A's? ...And how you can participate!
Damian, we are really grateful that you've agreed to let us ask you some questions over the month of April. So let's kick things off by asking Damian the same questions that we ask every month.
1. What's your story - how are you involved with autism?
2. How did you find Talk about Autism and how long have you been with us?
3. What is your top tip to pass on to someone whose child has recently been diagnosed with autism?
4. What has been one of the most difficult encounters you've had with regard to autism?
5. If you had to describe autism in no more than 3 words, what would they be?
And just for fun:
1. What would your dream holiday be?
2. If you got stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you take?
3. Tell us something that you really enjoy doing.
And may I ask one more? Are you doing anything to mark World Autism Awareness Day on 2 April, 2010?