I have a 17 month old daughter who isn't pointing (to indicate want or show something) or talking yet.
However she does the following:
1. Understands words and commands
2. Points to picture books. But does not point to something she needs. Example - she will try to reach to her milk bottle and if unsuccessful would come crying to me but does not explicitly ask for it by pointing
3. She does babble and I'm hearing gibberish but no idea what any of it means
4. She loves her daycare and shows affection to people there and to us parents
I am sorry and very new to this can someone pls tell me roughly how long it takes to get autism diagnosed. Thanks in advance xx
I was referred for adult autism assessment at 42, came out with just "shy, and anxious due to childhood trauma". Im requesting a review as I'm not happy with the assessment.
Any one else have experience of not getting diagnosis and pursued it..?
Wasnt expecting a non diagnosis and now feel worse without any explanation of all the autism traits and struggles... My direct relatives, including my son and cousin, have ASD diagnosis or some mental health condition....
I'm new on here. I have a son , 22 months, that has been screened and observed by a family member who is a Consultant psychologist. She suspects it's highly likely he has ASD.
The gp has referred him and we are now awaiting our first appointment. There seems to be a long wait.
In the meantime any tips on what to do to help bring on his communication? I'm trying a bit of signing and also using photos.
My husband was given an asd diagnosis this summer and the initial shock has worn off and I'm turning my thoughts to how we now get support.
So questions -
1. We are on a low income but due to asd hubby has limited work experience / NI contributions. Where do we even start for government financial support?
Well it has been a challenge this year, but hopefully by December, I will be half way to my MEng with the Open University, once I pass T804 (2nd attempt) and T805. Next week I start T889 "Problem Solving", what I will be very useful, help me to analyse problems and find ways to solve them.
My main worry is coming up with an idea for the EMA project, related to space/engineering. But once agian it is always different when I start a new module, get anixous about things, but once I start, it gets easier.
I’ve written a little piece reflecting on the first two years after my AS diagnosis. If anyone’s interested, please have a look:
New book which might be of interest. Not read it yet, but lots of good review on amazon:
HI MYname is martin im 50 visually impaired my lovely partner 22 has autisum high functioning