Ambitious College Governor
Ambitious College are looking for new governers!
All Governors are expected to play their part in contributing to the overall work of the Governing Body. Our main aim is to support the College in raising standards for all learners.
- providing a strategic view for the College;
- acting as a critical friend; and
- ensuring accountability.
Each individual Governor has a responsibility, working alongside other members of the Governing Body, to learners, staff of the College and the wider community. Although some Governors may have a particular perspective and experience (e.g. parent/carers, staff or community), they are not delegates of that group and act in the interest of the College.
The overall purpose of the Governing Body is to support the Board in ensuring effective oversight of Ambitious College by:
- Making certain the overall effectiveness of the College
- Promoting the health, welfare and safety of learners at the College
- Ensuring high standards of professional practice
- Ensuring the College’s work is, where possible, evidence based
- Maximising its reach and impact for the benefit of young people with autism and their families
- Delivering high levels of satisfaction amongst beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Maintaining and enhance the College’s and charity’s reputation.
In order to meet these responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner, the Governing Body will work with the senior management. This reduces the focus on individual Governor Responsibilities while allowing a more strategic overview and evaluation of college performance for the full Governing Body.
The role of Governor is voluntary. Governors are re-reimbursed all reasonable related expenses in accordance with Ambitious about Autism’s expenses policy, including travel, subsistence and child-care. This role is estimated to take one day per month. As a Governor you will need to attend meetings and occasional events and visits at the College and be able to deal with matters between meetings. Meetings will take place around 4 times a year, one of which will be an all-day strategy day.
Closing date - Friday 14th December 2018
For more information please read the Information Pack below -
How to apply
Please send the following to email@example.com
- a comprehensive CV.
- a detailed supporting statement that fully addresses the appointment criteria set out in the person specification and includes your motivation for applying for this appointment. Please tell us if you are not available on any of the dates relevant to this process.
- details of two referees who we would be able to contact at shortlist stage.
- Please also ensure you have also completed and submitted the equal opportunities monitoring form below. The information on the form will be treated as confidential, and used for statistical purposes only. The form will not be treated as part of your application.
If you have any queries in relation to the application process, or you experience difficulties sending your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information or wish to have an informal and confidential discussion, contact Viv Berkeley (VBerkeley@ambitiouscollege.org.uk), who will respect the privacy of any initial approach or expression of interest in this role, whether formal or informal.