Senior Financial Accountant
Ambitious about Autism is a national charity with the ambition of making the ordinary possible for more children and young people with autism. Through the TreeHouse School, The Rise School and Ambitious College we offer specialist education and support, and we also raise awareness and campaign for change. As we approach our 21st birthday our turnover is £12m and this is planned to increase in the coming years as we execute our growth strategies.
The Senior Financial Accountant is a critical role within our dynamic and high-performing finance team and this role will be an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to make an impact and influence across the charity. This role is ideal for a recently qualified accountant who is looking to move out of practice into the charity sector where they want to make a difference and gain wide exposure and understanding of the sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading and producing our annual statutory accounts, including managing the audit.
- Ownership of the finance policies, and designing and maintaining processes that ensure that a robust control environment is in place.
- Responsibility of the day to day financial operations, by managing the team to ensure processes are being carried out fully and effectively to ensure strong financial control and accurate ledgers.
- Managing our tax affairs, including producing and submitting accurate VAT returns, P11Ds and providing accurate technical advice to colleagues.
- Act as the payroll lead from Finance, ensuring the accuracy of the payroll and timely payments, whilst providing technical support to colleagues on payroll related matters.
- Ownership of the Finance System, PS Financials, ensuring that the system is being effectively used and developed to maximise efficiencies.
- Commission, build and manage key relationships with external providers, notably the bank, investment managers, auditors and HMRC.
- Effective management of the financial accounting team so that the team is high performing and meeting all objectives.
- Provision of finance training and technical support to colleagues across the organisation so that they can operate effectively.
We are committed to ensuring that our employees develop in their career through training and development. This includes both internal and external courses, as well as us actively encouraging finance team members to gain exposure and experience of the other parts of the finance function, be it through job shadowing or taking on other responsibilities.
If you think you would fit in well with this team and make an impact, contributing to our growth and development, then we’d love to hear from you. Please do not hesitate to contact us to apply or have more details about the post.
To apply, please send a full CV and Covering Letter addressing how you meet the criteria set out in the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete and send our Equality and Diversity monitoring form below:
Closing date: Friday 13th October 2017
Interviews: Week commencing 16th October 2017
If you have a disability that makes it difficult to complete the forms, please contact Jobs@ambitiousaboutautism.org.uk and we'll make alternative arrangements.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check.
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role as detailed under the person specification.
If you would like to come and visit us, have any recruitment related questions or would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may need as part of your application, please email email@example.com or telephone Faima Begum, Recruitment Officer in our Recruitment Team on 0208815 5424.
Please note this post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as stated in the person specification.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that at least one reference will be taken up prior to interview and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note we have not engaged any agencies to work on this role and only direct applications will be considered.