Special Needs Classroom Assistant
Special Needs Classroom Assistant
Mon-Fri 9.30am-15.00pm or 15.30pm, Term Time Only
TreeHouse School is a happy and vibrant community where children and young people with autism learn, thrive and achieve. We have over 80 pupils, aged from 4– 19 years of age. All pupils in the school have a diagnosis of autism. Throughout the school, we use a personalised and collaborative approach to provide the highest quality teaching, learning and support for each of our pupils.
We are looking to recruit a Special Needs Classroom Assistant to help our pupils to enjoy their lessons, lunch, play and leisure time safely. Our pupils need someone who:
- Are qualified at L2 Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent
- Have proven experience of working in a Classroom environment with young people with Autism
- Enjoy working with young people who have Autism
- Have a patient and caring manner at all times
- Are committed to complying with safeguarding, health and safety and e-safety policies and procedures (we will provide training)
- Are able and willing to work as part of our excellent team
- Have good communication skills
- Can use initiative to solve problems and know when to ask for advice or help
- Are physically and emotionally resilient
What we can offer:
- Amazing children and supportive, talented and committed colleagues
- A friendly and energetic environment focused on delivering our vision and ethos
- A comprehensive induction programme
- A purpose-built building and well resourced learning environment
- Excellent benefits (see below document)
- Excellent CPD and training opportunities
See our amazing benefits below:
To apply, please complete the below application form and equal opportunities monitoring form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 02 September 2018 (midnight)
We are passionate about our amazing pupils and want to be sure that the people appointed provide the best possible ‘fit’ for their needs.
If you have a disability that makes it difficult to complete the forms, please contact Jobs@ambitiousaboutautism.org.uk and we'll make alternative arrangements.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check.
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role as detailed under the person specification.
If you would like to come and visit us, have any recruitment related questions or would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may need as part of your application, please email email@example.com or Adele Yilmaz, Senior Resourcing Officer in our Recruitment Team on 0208 815 5435.
Please note this post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as stated in the person specification.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that at least one reference will be taken up prior to interview and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note we have not engaged any agencies to work on this role and only direct applications will be considered.