Speech and Language Therapist
TreeHouse School, Muswell Hill
Part Time - Two and a half days a week or 4 days a week (hours to be discussed on interview)
TreeHouse School provides a vibrant education for children and young people aged 4 -19 with a diagnosis of autism. Come and join the team to help make a difference to the lives of our children and young people. As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will join the Allied Health Professionals (AHP) team which includes Speech and Language and Occupational Therapists.
The successful candidate will have/need:
• Professional Qualified Occupational Therapy qualification to degree or diploma level
• HCPC Registration
• Evidence of post registration training with defined clinical area of expertise (ASD)
• Knowledge of assessment, planning and evaluating treatment
• Demonstrable experience in the school aged population
• Demonstrable commitment to Evidence Based Practice (EBP)
• Knowledge and experience of a range of intervention AAC (e.g. PECS, Makaton, SGD), dysphagia management, social stories etc.
• Knowledge and experience of the impact of disability on communication and language.
• Working Knowledge of Further Education Curriculum
Judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in November 2017, TreeHouse School offers each pupil a personalised curriculum delivered by a multi-professional team including Behaviour Analysts, Class Teachers, Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Tutors and Vocational Specialists.
It is an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for embedding therapeutic approaches into our pupils' daily experience within the context of a newly developed service delivery model. The role includes line management responsibility for two lower level Speech and Language Therapists.
For further details of how you can make a difference and find out what we have to offer please see the attached recruitment pack. Please note we have not engaged any agencies to work on this role and only direct applications will be considered.
How to apply
To apply please download and complete the application form and the equality monitoring form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 13 December 2018
Interview date: TBC
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role as detailed under the person specification.
Please note this post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as stated in the person specification.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.