Team Volunteer - Community and Events Fundraising
Are you looking for an excellent opportunity to gain hands on community and events fundraising experience in a busy but friendly charity environment?
Ambitious about Autism is the national charity for children and young people with autism. We provide services, raise awareness and understanding, and campaign for change. Our vision is to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with autism and our mission is to help them to learn, thrive and achieve.
We are looking for a volunteer to support the community and events fundraising team across all their activities as they raise vital funds from our portfolio of events including Night of Ambition, Manchester to London Cycling Challenge, London Marathon and more. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is keen to obtain a wide understanding of fundraising and gain transferable fundraising skills and experience.
Our volunteer's task list includes the following:
- Assist with administration and implementation of our major fundraising events in a variety of ways including:
- Compiling goodies bags
- Sourcing auction items
- Making good luck calls
- Creating inspiring social media content
- Cheering on participants on the day
- Help maintain the fundraising pages on our website, providing ideas and writing copy
- Undertake competitive analysis to make sure our offerings are the best!
- Produce and distribute fundraising materials, thank donors etc.
- Work collaboratively with other departments
- To perform any other reasonable duties as required by Ambitious about Autism.
Our ideal volunteer looks like this:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Have experience of MS Office applications, particularly Excel
- Have good analytical skills
- Able to think laterally and produce original materials
- Trustworthy and maintain confidentiality
- Flexible, an enthusiastic and committed team player
Ideally we would like somebody for approximately 3 days a week for a minimum of 3months, but we would be flexible for the right candidate. This is an unpaid role but lunch and travel expenses can be reimbursed.
The role will be based at The Pears National Centre for Autism Education, Woodside Avenue, Muswell Hill, London N10 3JA but will include occasional travel to events etc.
To apply please download and complete the volunteer application form and send it to Robyn Taylor by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: The Pears National Centre for Autism Education, Woodside Avenue, Muswell Hill, London N10 3JA. If you have any queries regarding this internship please call Jo on 020 8815 5137.
Closing date: 01 July 2018