Ambitious about Autism is working in partnership with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to promote a cross-Government Covenant.
Ambitious about Autism’s Employ Autism programme creates positive, long term and sustainable solutions by removing the barriers to work for autistic people.
Together with the DWP, we have developed the Ambitious about Autism Covenant for Employers (ACE). At the heart of this initiative is a commitment by companies to identify employment opportunities.
- By signing up to ACE you pledge to create opportunities to support autistic people to enter, re-enter or remain in the workplace.
- Once you have completed the form, a member of our team will contact you. They will share all the tools and information you need to start your journey to become ‘autism confident’.
- Every organisation signing up to ACE who commits to offering paid experiences of work, will receive an invitation to a free ‘Understanding autism in the workplace’ training course.
Download our employment resources to:
- improve accessibility in your workplace
- act as a champion in your workplace
- offer work experience to autistic young people in your community.
Access to webinars, education and training to:
- raise awareness of autism within the workplace and encourage meaningful conversations
- act as a champion to break the taboos surrounding autism.
Join Employ Autism to:
- enhance recruitment practices as an inclusive employer of choice
- offer inclusive paid workplace opportunities for autistic people
- share your experiences of Employ Autism and encourage other organisations to get involved
- contribute to longitudinal research on autism and employment.
In partnership with
What our employers say
“I found the experience highly rewarding. I’ve trained people in the past but this was different...” - Line manager at NEST
“Initiation and recruitment with the Ambitious about Autism team was fantastic, efficient and easy. It was a positive experience for us...” - Head of the team at NEST. Find out more.
“I’ve been immensely proud to be part of [the programme]. It does have a sustaining benefit in the way that you then apply yourself in any circumstance… I massively encourage [being involved in the Employ Autism network], I really hope we do it again” - Line manager at BNP Parabas