By becoming a programme partner, employers receive a host of benefits, including:
- tailored training prior to young people's placement
- support throughout the placement
- support to make adjustments in recruitment processes
- access to a pool of diverse talent bringing added value to your business
- ability to reflect the clients and communities from all backgrounds
- association with a cutting-edge and award-winning programme promoting inclusion across the business
- joint promotion and media opportunities
- networking with other employers and policy makers.
These benefits deliver results with our current partners reporting that:
- 88% feel better equipped to support someone with autism in the workplace.
- 94% are now confident working alongside autistic colleagues.
- 100% gained increased understanding of autism.
Read our frequently asked questions for employers to find out more about joining the programme:
Employers will need to complete a minimum half-day training provided prior to the start of the placement. Additionally, commit time to reviewing your current internal recruitment and selection process, providing content for autism-friendly resources and provide any adjustments you need to make to accommodate the young people at interviews and completing the work placements.
The work placements can run from two weeks to six months, depending on the employer. During the work placement each young person is required to have support from a line manager and a mentor.
Every employer undertakes Understanding Autism in the Workplace training, delivered by our experienced professionals at Ambitious about Autism.
The style and length of the training provided will depend on the number of placements you are offering, the number of employees you have, and the overall needs of the business.
We ask that every line manager and mentor completes the half-day training. We also recommend the intern’s future colleagues and peers attend the training, so they know how to work successfully with a young person with autism.
This is decided on a case-by-case basis and depends on the size and capacity of the employer, and the range of opportunities available.
There are different tiers of involvement for employers from a single placement to a full talent recruitment programme with onsite expert support.
We have already worked with lots of great employers from a variety of industries including:
- Civil Service
- Deutsche Bank
- SAP UK
- The & Partnership
- Kennedy Pearce
- Public Health England
- Health Education England
- Essex County Council
We would be delighted to talk to you in more detail about how we can work together. Please get in touch by filling out the contact form.