Business Support Assistant Intern
Mercer is part of the Marsh McLennan family, bringing together a broad spectrum of expertise to help clients navigate the complex world of people risks, cost management and employee benefits.
We are excited to offer the role of Business Support Assistant to join Mercer's Career Business. You will be an essential part of a highly skilled team by collaborating with client facing colleagues, providing administrative support to consultants and teams.
The Business Support Assistant is a crucial role that enables our client teams to do their work to a high standard. The role will provide ongoing support to the Business Support team and Consultants at Mercer.
Tasks undertaken will include:
- Creating engaging documents for clients and internal use.
- Processing expenses claims for the team.
- Booking travel for our consultants.
- Supporting consultants and the team with data entry and financial management activities.
- Producing meeting notes and client materials.
Full training will be given on how to use a number of different platforms and programmes including HBB, MercerForce and GDB, in order to carry out the role.
Skills required for the role
- Motivated by achieving results and working to a high standard.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to work flexibility and around changing requirements.
- Communicate clearly with colleagues at Mercer using Outlook, Teams and Zoom.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Can organise and manage time and tasks effectively.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
Salary: £20,000 per annum (pro rata for the internship duration)
Reporting to: Business Support Manager
Location: Mercer Limited, The Paragon, Counterslip, Bristol, BS1 6BX but can be flexible across the UK
Internship duration: 6 months
Placement start date: End of July
How to apply
Please follow the instructions in the full role description to apply. You must also be able to answer ‘yes’ to the following statements:
- You have a primary diagnosis of autism.
- You are aged 18 or over at the start of the internship.
- You are a UK resident/have the right to work in the UK.
Please follow this link for the full job description and to apply.
This is an Employ Autism opportunity. This programme doesn’t include the provision of support to applicants through the recruitment process, the internship or careers information, advice or guidance.