Skip to main content

Leave a gift in your will

It's never too early to make a Will, and a legacy to Ambitious about Autism is a valuable and lasting way to extend your support and protect the future of children and young people with autism. After you've taken care of your loved ones, you can leave a specific amount of money, a proportion of your estate or an item, such as jewellery or shares, to your chosen charity to ensure the good work continues.

 

Firstly, if you are considering a gift in your will to Ambitious about Autism, thank you! It is an extraordinary gift that will have a lasting impact.

The only information your will writer will need is:

Our charity name: Ambitious about Autism

Our registered charity number: 1063184
 

 

Different types of legacies you can give

You can leave us any percentage – for example, even 1%, so your family inherit the remaining 99%. You can leave us any sum of money which suits your personal circumstances. 

Inheritance tax is complicated and ever-changing, but currently, it is likely that your estate will save £400 tax for every £1000 you leave us.

We cannot offer legal advice, so please take advice from your will writer.

Our funding currently supports autistic children and young people through our schools, colleges, and employment pathways but does not fund our ambitious long-term future. 98% of our funding goes towards current needs; however, through gifts in wills, we will be able to ensure our work continues and our vision becomes a reality. 

Gifts in wills give us the funds we need to help us ensure that autistic children and young people in the future have opportunities to thrive, achieve and reach their goals. One of the most impactful ways donors can help our cause is by leaving a gift in their will. Together, we can safeguard future generations.

 

Our legacy promises to you

Every gift in every will can change lives, but we also recognise that this support is more personal than a donation.

When you leave a gift in your will to Ambitious about Autism, we:

  • promise to use your donation wisely 
  • recognise you might want your gift used in a special way – don't hesitate to get in touch with our team (details below) to discuss this 
  • understand that those closest to you come first 
  • appreciate that you might have to change your mind due to a change in personal circumstances
  • will never put pressure on you to leave a gift in your will 
  • will treat you and all next of kin of those who leave us a legacy sensitively and with respect and gratitude.

 

Find out more by contacting Kimberley Blanc at kblanc@ambitiousaboutautism.org.uk