Autistic people bring unique qualities and diverse perspectives to the workplace and we are working across the UK to ensure that these individuals can gain employment experience.
Through our employability programmes we:
- act as a bridge to employment for autistic people by removing barriers
- work with employers to enable them to access a pool of uniquely talented and innovative autistic employees
- support organisations to increase their confidence in autism and neurodiversity in the workplace
- promote paid experiences of work for autistic people through regional networks
- provide training, resources, and ongoing mentorship to a wide network of partners across the UK.
Many autistic people are able and willing to work, yet the numbers that are able to do that are shockingly low. 16% of people with autism are in full-time paid employment, even though the vast majority want to work.