Have you thought about trying a supported internship?
A supported internship is a study programme where young people can learn about the workplace by being in work.
- Are you 19-25 years old with an Education, Health and Care Pan?
- Do you have autism or a learning difficulty?
- Would you like to get a paid job in the future?
If you answered yes to the above, a supported internship with Ambitious College could be the opportunity for you!
This is an exciting opportunity for young people who are eligible to learn a wide variety of skills ranging from housekeeping and computers and IT, through to kitchen assistant and lab work. You can find out more by downloading our factsheet for young people and parents.
Benefits of supported internships
Supported internships are a great opportunity for young people with autism to combine work with their education. Benefits of a supported internship include:
- learning new skills that could be used in future employment
- building confidence and life skills
- support from trained job coaches to help you succeed
- increase social networks.
How do supported internships work?
Ambitious College will work with the Whittington Hospital to support interns develop workplace skills. The programme will run from September 2019 for one academic year. The role will be based at the Whittington five days a week.
Supported internships also benefit employers to learn what young people with additional needs can contribute and achieve.
The open events will include a tour of the hospital and short presentation, followed by and Q&A session.
- Thursday 14 November 3.30-5pm
- Monday 9 December 3.30 – 5pm
- Thursday 9 January 10.30-12pm
- Tuesday 11 February 5 -6 pm
- Thursday 12 March 3.30-5pm
- Wednesday 22 April 10.30-12pm
- Thursday 14 May 5-6pm
To find out more or to book, please contact Gemma Mullan firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact email@example.com for the application form.
Find out more
If you would like more information about supported internships with Ambitious College and Whittington Hospital, please contact: Gemma Mullan, Supported Internship Lecturer at The Whittington Hospital, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Supported internships or download our factsheet for interns and parents.